CloudSim Simulation Framework
Cloud Computing is the future of computing and in recent years several advancements in IT infrastructure and application development is promoting this cloud based computing. But along with this the world of computing is now getting much more complex as compared to the past. For developers of applications it is a tough job to evaluate the performance of their application for different load configurations and settings. And because the cloud services are maintained by the cloud providers, so the testing conditions are not much flexible for developers.
To overcome such challenges, Professor Dr. Rajkumar Buyya, proposed a simulation framework tool named 'CloudSim Simulation Toolkit'. This toolkit supports both modeling and simulation of cloud computing based system and application provisioning environment.
This course 'Cloudsim Simulation Framework' is a hands-on tutorial for cloudsim simulation toolkit.
This course content is designed for the researchers who are working on different set of problems to improve cloud computing technology. The main emphasis of this course will be on providing the basic understanding on how to configure and utilize CloudSim simulation toolkit and how to implement the well researched proposed solutions for certain set of problem(s). Few video demonstrations are also included in this course for better understanding on working of cloudsim simulation flow, but still is kept to basics only.
For Preparing this video following reference were used:
Cloudsim Project Code link:
Reference link to study material:
- Download & Configure CloudSim: To start working with 'CloudSim simulation toolkit' requires it to first configured correctly. Here we will discuss about the basic prerequisites to setup CloudSim and the steps to configure it within ECLIPSE IDE. Updated article is now available on following link: https://www.cloudsimtutorials.online/cloudsim-setup-using-eclipse/
- Introduction to CloudSim Package: Demonstrates and discuss about different packages available in CloudSim project. Also discuss about interrelation between classes of packages. Updated article is now available on following link: https://www.cloudsimtutorials.online/beginners-guide-to-cloudsim-project-structure/
- Simulation Environment Introduction: This will take you on the tour of Cloudsim Run-time Simulation flow and also discuss about the interaction of various simulating entities with each other. Updated article is now available on following link: https://www.cloudsimtutorials.online/cloudsim-simulation-toolkit-an-introduction/
- CloudSimExample Step by Step Working: Demonstrates the flow of events implemented in basic CloudSimExample1. The update version of this article is now available on following Guide to CloudsimExample1.java simulation workflow
- Project Flow Reverse Engineering: Demonstrate how to use a reverse engineering tool named 'Architexa' to understand the inter-dependencies as well as the class method flow.
- CloudSim Events - Heartbeat of CloudSim Simulation: Demonstrates how the events play an important role in producing the behavior of simulation. Important video towards understanding the core working of cloudsim simulations.
- CloudSim Simulation Flow - A practical explanation: Demonstrates the flow of events/method calls that occur during the simulation of any scenario. The update version of this article is now available on following Guide to CloudsimExample1.java simulation workflow
- Time & Space shared scheduling policy for VM and Cloulets: Discuss about the task scheduling policies in cloudsim and a demonstration of assigning cloudlets/tasks in both time as well as space shared policy mode. The update version of this article is now available on following link: https://www.cloudsimtutorials.online/how-to-do-virtual-machine-and-task-scheduling-in-cloudsim/